Yesterday, I found my way to a nearby town called Santa Rosa to visit a family that Laura lived with when she lived in Costa Rica, years ago. Laura gave me a gift to take to the family if I was able to visit them. They don't speak any English, so I practiced what I wanted to say to them a lot before going there!
My friends were planning to spend the day at Playa Tamarindo, and Santa Rosa is only a few kilometers from there. So we all rode in a taxi together to Santa Rosa, and the driver helped me ask a few people in the town which house was theirs. After we found it and found them home, he took my friends to Tamarindo where I met them later.
How great to meet a real Tico family, and to be able to deliver Laura's gift and greetings! They were so surprised and happy to hear that Laura is well. I met Noemi and Julio, their son Diego, and their daughter Maria. I talked with them in their backyard for maybe 45 minutes, which was definitely a bit of a language challenge, but so rewarding! When they had to leave for church, Diego gave me a ride to Tamarindo. They were so warm and friendly to me, a stranger from another country, and I am so glad to have had the chance to meet them!
Y en espanol... (corrections still welcome, Spanish speakers!)
Ayer, me encontro mi camina a un pueblo cercano para visitar una familia con quien Laura vivia cuando ella vivia en Costa Rica, hace muchos anos. Laura me dio un regalo para traer a la familia si yo pudiera (?) visitarlos. Ellos no hablan nada ingles, entonces yo practique mucho lo que queria decirlos.
Mis amigas estuvieron planeando a pasar el dia a Playa Tamarindo, Santa Rosa esta solo unos kilometros de alli. Entonces viajamos juntos en taxi, y el chofer me ayudo preguntar unas personas en el pueblo cual casa es de ellos. Despues de encontrarla y de encontrar ellos a la casa, el trayo a mis amigas a Tamarindo donde yo los encontre mas tarde.
Que magnifica conocer un verdad familia Tica y poder traer el regalo y saludos de Laura! Ellos estaban tan sorprendidos y felices a oir que Laura esta bien. Conoci a Julio y Noemi, su hijo Diego, y su hija Maria. Hable con ellos en su patio durante cerca 45 minutos, cual estaba bastante desafio, pero muy gratificante. Cuando ellos tenimos que irse para iglesia, Diego me llevo a Tamarindo. Ellos estaban tan amables y bienveniendos (?) a mi, un extrana de otro pais, y estoy tan feliz haber tenido la oportunidad de conocerlos!
wow that's really cool......:) so u know spanish? wow......:P
ReplyDelete