
I spent this weekend at Arenal Volcano. Six of us from the Flamingo campus came, and we met four students from the Heredia campus. We hiked yesterday, and soaked in really fabulous volcanic hot springs last night. On the way here, we also saw Lake Arenal, which is a man-made lake... when the volcano became active in 1968, it errupted and destroyed an entire pueblo. Then they decided to fill the whole area in with water, build a dam, and create a hydroelectric power plant. Though really sad, I would really love to take a boat ride on that lake and see the ruins of the pueblo under the water (but it was not one of the offered activities!). The view from our hotel is spectacular....and we finally saw the volcano come out from behind the clouds. The landscape is beautiful... we are in a humid forest, so it is very green and humid.


Yesterday was also great for wildlife sightings. On the way here, we saw coatis on the side of the road! And here at the hotel, there was a beautiful toucan in the tree.
This post may sound strange because I am not using any contractions, because I cannot figure out how to type an apostrophe on this keyboard!
Spanish coming soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment