Sunday, March 3, 2013

Manuel Antonio (Or: Sloths AND Monkeys!)

I am now en route to San Jose from Manuel Antonio National Park, back on the Pacific Coast, where I spent the weekend. It's in the book listing the 1,000 places you should see before you die. I traveled with my classmate Jeanne, who was gracious enough to offer to share her room at a very nice resort. She is a great travel partner. In the park and around the beach we saw white-faced monkeys, sloths, racoons, crabs, and lizards. Despite the sign in the picture below, we did not see crocodiles. :) (Although we did from the road!)





Also below is a picture of my Mama Tica (Norely) and Hermana Tica (Dafne) from my host family,  who I said goodbye to Saturday morning.


Tonight I am meeting up with the sea turtle conservation organization with whom I am volunteering for the next week. We will have orientation tonight (in what language I am not sure!) at their office and travel tomorrow to the camp in the Caribbean coast. There, each night next week, I will walk the beach at night to help look for turtle nests. I will have no electricity,  much less internet!, so I will be offline until next week. More then, hopefully with pictures of sea turtles...

No comments:

Post a Comment