Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Blog... check!

Sixteen days from now, I'll be on a plane to Costa Rica, on what I'm calling my self-imposed sabbatical.  I'll spend four weeks in Spanish school, do some volunteering with a sea turtle conservation organization, and then travel a bit through Costa Rica and Panama.

First, I'll spend three weeks here, in Flamingo Beach, Guanacaste:


My last week of school will be spent, along with my brother, in Monteverde, haven of eco-tourism (and wildlife!) in Costa Rica.  Here's the school:

Then, I'll travel to over to the Caribbean coast where I'll help patrol the beach at night for a week looking for sea turtle nests.  I'll be doing something similar to what these people did (love their honesty!):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRVZz9ZQ8K0

Then, I'll head back to San Jose to meet Dan and join a tour back down the Caribbean coast of Costa Rica and into Panama.  Here's our planned journey:

Map of the route for Panama Experience

We will spend our last couple of days in Panama City fully exploring the Panama Canal.  Dan is, of course, an engineer.  He's also a history buff.  He will happily spend hours perusing the museums, staring at the locks, and contemplating their design.  I, meantime, will be happily speaking Spanish with any random person I meet nearby, or photographing monkeys in the trees.  (Or talking to the people nearby in Spanish about the monkeys.)  We'll both be quite content.

I'll blog periodically once I get to Central America!  Y voy a tratar a escribir todo yo escribo in ingles, tambien en espanol. (We'll see... :) )

No comments:

Post a Comment